Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hello

This is my first posting on a blog of my own.  Let me introduce myself.  I am Roger and I live in the Gypsum Hills of Kansas.  I am 3rd generation rural Sedgwick County resident and 3rd Generation Graduate from Goddard High School.  I have spent my whole life in the country and have been involved in farming and cowboying all my life.  I also have had the privelage of being a firefighter/EMT which I am retired from.  I also have had a wealth of experience in many fields including, welding, woodworking, auctioneering, real estate, heavy equipment, deputy sheriff's commision, fire inspector, safety consultant, businessman and township official.  I have one published book of cowboy and country poetry, one CD of Western music, am a member of the Western Music Association, and freelance writer.
     Having an ancestry of German and Scotish I naturally have an opinion on just about every subject.  If you read me for political correctness you will be very sorry for I don't believe in it.  I love my country, my God, and the people who defend it.  I believe everyone has the chance to chase a dream as long as it does not take anyone else's away.
     Although registered as a Republican I am more Libertarian in my views.  I think everyone in Washington is either a crook, traitor, or will be one.  I believe in the 28th Ammendment and until we restore honesty and intelligence to Washington that we are endanger of losing our Republic.  And if you call it a democracy you are not intelligent enough to know the history of this country.
     I believe in giving a helping hand to those in need but not a handout.  If I were in the White House I would deploy the military to our southern border, create a workable guest worker program and path to citizenship, and cut off all support of the UN and Forgeign aid accept humanitarian.
     I believe in your right to speak, own a gun, and participate in the process of governing.  The tax system is an unworkable maze of special interests and should be scrapped and the Fair Tax adopted.  If you have not read the provisions of the Fair Tax don't exhibit your ignorance by arguing.
     I believe that you and I do not have to agree on anything but if you have to resort to name calling and yelling you have displayed your contempt for this principle.  And if you have to resort to calling me or anyone a racist because you are in disagreement You should not be talking you should be studying.
     I believe that Junk Science and theories has no place in policy decisions and resorting to emotion is the crutch of the uninformed. 
     I eat meat and if you don't that is your business.  Do not tell me how to live.
     And if the fact that children commiting crime or going on rampages bothers you what did you expect when God and his principles have been removed from school and everything else.  Schools that don't teach, have discipline, or cheat on tests is the result of removing the basis of ethics, the 10 Commandments.
    We have killed a generation by having the 'right to abortion' and wonder why life is cheap. 
     We have the power to make the world a better place but when our electorate expects government to take care of it we are lost.  There are many that are willing to rule with an iron fist.  Your 'rights' will mean nothing to them.


     Now there you know where I am coming from.  If I made you mad, good!  Maybe you will think.  Otherwise have a good day.

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment