Monday, January 21, 2013

INAUGURATION DAY

      My intent for this week was to talk about a fun experience at a small cafe off the beaten path where I used to sing every Thursday night in a local jam session.  Also to give those weary of political opinions that I give on a regular basis a rest.  But dog gone it the TV is full of inauguration news and I just can not help it.
     The Constitution demands that inauguration is on the 20th of January, which technically they did do.  But to put on a show and use the symbolism of the 21st, millions of dollars (privately raised) are going through the motions.  Maybe I am just a sore loser but to me this is typical of an administration who has done nothing but chaff against the Constitution and wants to free itself of it.
     To me the respect of our heritage is following the instructions to the letter and celebrating this.  However it would have put a crunch on the NFL playoffs broadcast.  We have to keep our priorities straight.
     There is enough dread on the actions of government from the last fifty years to disgust me on symbolism and promises made that were never intended to keep.  When there is a down play of facts and increase of talk and symbols I am wary.
     There is enough agendas by everyone in Washington and those who pull the strings, and provide the money, that I am disillusioned with all of them.  It is time for the states to call a Constitutional convention and those in Washington be reigned in and mandatory reforms be instituted.
     So for those tired of politics, join me being nauseated.  For those who are delighted with the way things are going, have a party.
      I have to agree with several including my religious leaders that what we have left is to pray and hope God will smile on this country again.  Lets hope we won't have to wander in the desert for 40 years this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment